Wednesday 20 April 2016

Carb Cycling: Day 4

Day 1 of my carb cycle, i was loving it, if you read my last post.
My first high carb day went to pot a bit, i found myself eating as many carby foods as possible, porridge, sandwich, toast, bananas, homemade curry and rice. Not at all thinking about the fat contents of these foods as they were all relatively healthy.
 Big mistake. I went waaaay over my macros for my fat for the day and only just hit my carbs and protein. I didn't plan ahead because i thought high carb day would be easy peasy. I'll definitely have to plan better.

My moderate carbs days were fine, no planning really needed there, my usual diet fits fine. Even managed to squeeze a cheeky meal out of paella and tiramisu :P yum yum.

Yesterday however was a different story. My 2nd low carb day of the week. I was really looking forward to it after how easy i found the last one and how great i felt. Only different once this time i had work.
After a busy day at work, where I'm on my feet moving all day, in a kitchen, eating low carbs, and then going for an evening workout. I really struggled with it. On my way to the gym i was hungry, i didn't eat because i wanted to save the rest of my macros to eat before bed after the gym as I'm always starving then. I came home, famished. Ate some scrambled egg whites but felt a little light headed so allowed myself a piece of wholemeal bread, i think it only took me 2g over my macros. Went to bed, feeling fine. I awoke at 2am with the worst headache ever and feeling rather dizzy. Now, i do suffer with labyrinthitis, so i don't know if it was that or lack of carbs but it wasn't good. When i woke up this morning, i still felt a bit shaky. Ate my breakfast of eggs and black beans and went to work. Felt a bit worse, being moderate carb day i ate a piece of thick toast, thinking carbs might make me feel better. A little, Drank some carrot/orange juice and felt absolutely perfect. Been tired all day though. had to miss my workout today :(
I don't think that low of a carb intake agrees with me on a busy working day so i may up my carbs a bit for my low carb day in the week and see how it goes.

Gone off the idea of carb cycling a bit after that episode, but ill stick with it.

Tomorrow is my second high carb day and I'm travelling to manchester for the night straight from work, so we'll see how eating on the move goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment